New York City Metro Area, NY
The role: Visual Design & Data Visualization
***Please make sure to attached Portfolio & Password***
Our team is working on efforts to help simplify finances. We are seeking a strong Visual/DataVis Designer who is a self-starter and (ideally) passionate about the space.
You will have the opportunity to support our UX team in developing an innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed product. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills, diligent, detailed-oriented, and can work fairly independently. A designer who can help set the tone for our products, translate complex finance concepts into simple and easy to understand visuals, and add delight for users as they interact with our products across these products.
You will be partnering closely with other UXers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
- Design and iterate on different visualization efforts for the product from concept to implementation (interaction, zooming in/out, visual design, and motion).
- Develop and apply visual style and interaction patterns in consistency with existing Material principles.
- Advance existing material patterns and review them with the Material team.
- Communicate design rationale, and evaluate/address feedback from stakeholders
- Participate in regular UX stand-ups and critiques, as well as proactively share updates
- Work with cross-functional team to ensure designs are feasible and solve for requirements
- Follow through on details of implementation with engineers and drive fit-and-finish polish
- Advocate for and ensure that your designs are compliant with accessibility requirements.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, visual communications, HCI, etc) 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong visual design skills, knowledge of the user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability across surfaces.
- Expert in Figma and other related software
- Experience managing and updating a design-system library
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Experience collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders (user researchers, other designers, product managers, engineers) Experience designing and shipping software experiences across multiple contexts (mobile apps, web, emails, notifications)
- Experience working with complexity and determining constraints in ambiguous situations
Experience in motion design for digital products Experience prototyping using the latest in front end and mobile technologies
- Visual design skills - 6+ years
- User-first approach when designing experiences - 4+ years
- Creating and updating a designs systems library - 1+ years
- Work on design solutions that are simple, easy and with the user in mind - 4+ years