San Jose Metro Area, CA
- Create design deliverables, including storyboards, user flows, wireframes, mocks, prototypes, and specifications.
- Communicate designs and strategy to both internal and external teams via compelling storytelling. Clearly rationalize and justify design work and be a strong advocate for UX.
- Collaborate effectively with our team and partner teams, and be creative in exploring all options.
- Work closely with user researchers to establish research strategy and better inform designs through a users point of view.
- Work closely with UX partners, Engineering, Product Management, and Senior *Management, and throughout all stages of the product cycle, from inception through to delivery.
- Understand business goals and seek to understand product market, competitors, opportunities and challenges.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field (in lieu of degree, 3 years of relevant work experience required)
- Proven track record of designing and shipping successful consumer-facing experiences
- Strong core interaction design skills, knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability
- Understanding of user research techniques and how they can be applied to problem solving
- Experience partnering with visual designers, illustrators, user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent collaboration, communication and documentation skills
- Strong, clean visual design sense, and an obsessive attention to detail
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch and other design tools A collaborative spirit and sense of humor