Sr. Research Associate
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
A local Biotech seeks a highly motivated Senior Research Associate (SRAI/SRAII) with a strong cell biology background. The successful candidate will support laboratory-based research activities aimed at characterizing novel and established therapeutic targets within an established group focused on fibrotic, metabolic and inflammatory diseases. The candidate will be expected to design and perform hypothesis-based experiments that support established/new programs in the group. The successful candidate must be able work in a fast-paced, cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment.
- Independently design/develop, perform and manage experiments.
- Proactively troubleshoot technical issues and recommend potential corrective actions based on personal observations and literature searches.
- Interpret experimental outcomes and present results in team meetings.
- Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Work with CROs to co-ordinate sample analysis
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Technical expertise in performing cell-based assays using human/rodent primary cells or cell lines (stellate cells, fibroblasts, monocytes, macrophages and adipocytes).
- Operational understanding of modern cell biology and pharmacology techniques including methods to evaluate cell signaling (western blot, immunoprecipitation), gene expression analysis, frozen/fresh tissue handing (homogenization, cell isolation), immunoassays (eg. ELISA, MSD, or Luminex, flow cytometry).
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize assays as needed; identifying and applying novel techniques or protocols from reports in the scientific literature
- Hands on experience in rodent handling is a plus
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Excel, Graphpad Prism, etc.) and application of statistics.
- Master's degree with 2-4 years of experience or Bachelor's degree with 4-6 years of experience in pharmaceutical sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry.