Senior Manager, R&D Procurement
Edison-New Brunswick Metro Area, NJ
In alignment with company core competencies, the incumbent must demonstrate the following behaviors and abilities:
- Deliver Business Results: (1) understand company s business requirements, clearly include these within supplier contracts, (2) demonstrate and apply functional knowledge, experiences, and management skills to promote team performance and continual improvement across the organization s work with R&D services suppliers, (3) establish clear contractual outcomes and deliverables/milestones which are associated with supplier compensation, (4) ensure applicable suppliers execute services as committed, and (5) support and handle issue resolution for outsourced services.
- Enhance Organizational Performance: (1) foster clear, consistent, and open collaboration across the extended company and supplier teams, (2) identify and pursue new ideas and constructive change to support improved execution from both company and our suppliers, and (3) support the issue escalation process at the operational level and ensure timely escalation to senior leadership.
- Demonstrate Personal Leadership: (1) act with integrity, initiative, and sound judgment to reinforce trust, professionalism, and commitments, (2) communicate regularly, openly, and effectively both within company and to our suppliers, as appropriate, and (3) inspire and empower peers, company team and suppliers, as appropriate, to achieve and exceed objectives.
- Develop Human Capital: (1) attract, assemble, and retain a high-caliber, multidisciplinary team to support sourcing activities, supplier performance, governance, relationships, and assessments, and (2) continuously develop self and others through both formal and informal training, skill development, communication, performance management and growth opportunities.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support multiple R&D Clinical services sourcing categories and projects.
- Effectively project manages all initiatives.
- Required: Bachelor s degree in business or relevant technical discipline.
Preferred: Master s Degree in relevant field and/or Juris Doctorate (JD)
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years in biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry or equivalent experience. Minimum of 3 years direct experience in a clinical outsourcing/contracts function. Ideally, with direct engagement with CROs and other clinical suppliers. A combination of education and professional experience is acceptable to meet these requirements.
- None required, however a C.P.M., C.P.I.M., Project Management, Lean, Six Sigma, or other relevant certifications a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of contract management processes.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with executives and senior leaders, both internally and externally.
- Excellent business/financial acumen, proficient in leading and managing cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead, motivate, influence and drive change at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand the factors affecting the finances and/or operations of suppliers.
- Excellent global supplier management skills with ability foster and leverage professional relationships.
- Ability to identify and solve complex contractual, process, operational business challenges, and know when to seek assistance.
- Clear understanding of clinical R&D supplier and sponsor businesses, financial drivers, & competencies.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally 10-20% of the time.
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Refer to the Position Description Guide for more information on how to complete this section.
Office Position no travel Office Position with travel up to 10% - 20% of time
Sales Position Laboratory Position Position requiring Physical Labor
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Embrace the core competencies of the company.