San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
We follow a simple but vital premise in the UX group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
The UX team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, and copywriters who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
- Master s in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction or similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior.
- Experience and comfort with experimental design, running studies and statistical methods is required.
- Experience in research for user experience design for product development is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in either qualitative or quantitative user research & analysis methods.
- Assisting with moderated and unmoderated user testing preparation activities.
- Conducting user studies, collecting data, and building research spreadsheets for analysis.
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data to generate insights.
- Creating findings and recommendation reports from user studies.
- Technical aptitude, strong working ability with technology products and/or prototypes for hardware and software.
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Visual communications skills for research (e.g., graphs, charts and slides layout)
- Able to prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing timelines