Research Associate I
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
The group implements, maintains, performs biological matrix assays using automated systems in a compliant environment to support clinical and nonclinical studies. The RA will support development projects by performing assays for sample testing. The Research Assistant will also conduct experiments to incorporate new assay under supervision. S/he will handle biohazardous, cytotoxic, and radioactive materials and adhere to corporate safety standards in all aspects of the work. S/he will use automated liquid handling systems and robotic systems and will analyze data and report results using specialized software in multiple assay methodologies. S/he will maintain GXP compliance, as appropriate, in supporting clinical and nonclinical studies, and will apply thorough and accurate documentation skills.
- At least 1 year lab experience, preferably in a testing environment.
- Experience applying analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance strongly desired.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Industry experience preferred; clinical lab experience and GXP knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Biological Sciences or Chemistry