QC Associate - Molecular Biology
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
- The Quality Control Analyst is responsible for release testing in support of nonclinical and clinical viral vector products in compliance with GxP requirements.
- Assists in standardizing techniques and/or procedures.
- Cares for and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in sophisticated laboratory techniques.
- Records methods, data and interpretation in a complete, accurate and clear format on controlled forms or in a laboratory notebook
- Performs analysis and interpretation of test results, identifies deviations, Participates in the investigation of unexpected or failed results generally with supervisory input.
- May assist in assay development and nonclinical sample testing to support IND-path studies.
- Relevant scientific degree with minimum 0-2 years experience in bio-pharma analytical laboratory.
- Background in molecular biology and Quality Control is desired
- Proficient in general and non-routine laboratory skills.
- May require knowledge of GLP and/or GMP standards, and the ability to apply compliance principles to the laboratory practices. Consistently follows GxP requirements and Quality Systems as trained.
- Excellent computer skills; especially proficient in Excel and Word
- Be willing to work in a fast paced environment, be a team player with effective communication skills
- Able to make decisions, arrive at work on time, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures, and accept constructive criticism.