Associate Scientist II
San Francisco Metro Area, CA US
R&D Partners is seeking to hire an Associate Scientist II in San Carlos, CA.
A fast-growing vaccine company is looking to hire an energetic and talented individual to play a key supporting role in the Formulation Development function, focusing on the development of protein conjugate vaccines. The successful candidate will be proficient in basic laboratory techniques and be responsible for the support of the senior scientists in the execution of large and complex experimentation. These experiments will primarily take the form of large stability studies designed to ultimately select the clinical formulation the final vaccine will be stabilized within. This will be an iterative process and thus flexibility to utilize new data to design the follow-on studies will be required. Ultimately, the package of work will allow nomination of both the drug substance and drug product formulation systems, and look to future proof the drug product ready for later stage clinical trials.
- Logistically managing and coordinating the stability trials, including material preparation (e.g. buffers, vials, labels) and calendar vs resource co-ordination.
- Responsible for running assays such as protein concentration, pH, visual assessments.
- Potential of running more complex assays, e.g. DLS and/or SEC-MALS, is possible for the right candidate.
- Support of the senior scientist in execution and interpretation of these experiments.
- Being scientifically accurate and keeping of excellent written records of experiments undertaken.
- This position will report into the Formulation Development line and be part of the wider Process Development and Manufacturing group. Significant partnerships with the Analytical and Process Engineering teams will occur, thus ability to work within this collaborative environment is essential.
- BS or MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Organic/ Biochemistry, Chemical / Biochemical Engineering, Biology or a related discipline with 0-2 years of industrial experience. Some industrial experience preferred.
- Experience in manufacture of buffers and lab reagents required.
- Experience in basic biological characterization techniques preferred, including pH, biochemical assays, SEC-HPLC, particle size and/or MW determinations.
- Highly efficient and structured work practices including practical laboratory work, notebook upkeep, data generation and presentation to the Formulation and wider teams.
- Experience with analytical software like Excel for data entry/maintenance and analysis. An understanding of analytical statistical analysis is also preferred.
- Attention to detail and excellent skills in pipetting and sample preparation.
$83,000 - $98,000 (Dependent on Experience)
R&D Partners is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
R&D Partners is an equal opportunity employer.