Associate Scientist II, Downstream Pilot Plant
San Francisco Metro Area, CA US
R&D Partners is seeking to hire an Associate Scientist II in San Carlos, CA.
A fast-growing vaccine company is looking to a hire an energetic and talented individual to manage and operate the downstream pilot-scale operations in our San Carlos pilot plant facility within the protein process development and manufacturing group. This is an opportunity to learn scale up operations with exposure to supply chains, CMOs, and development work. The pilot plant will not only generate needed materials for development use, but also generate highly valuable data on process performance, consistency, scale up, and reuse.
- Operate and maintain the Downstream pilot plant production line in the San Carlos facility.
- Preparation of buffers, execution of chromatography, tangential flow filtration, and normal flow filtration systems.
- Develop and optimize process records that clearly instruct and efficiently facilitate capture of data; Generate written summaries of production runs.
- Schedule and manage logistics of routine pilot production of proteins to support pipeline.
- Support scale up activities for processes as part of technology transfer to CMOs.
- Run in-process tests and product quality assays to support pilot production.
- Packing columns from loose resin.
- Buffer preparation up to 200L.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or a related discipline, with 2+years of industry experience.
- Strong protein purification knowledge and experience, including familiarity with AKTA Pilot (or Avant) chromatography systems and UNICORN software.
- Proficiency running analytical methods a plus; such methods may include SDS-PAGE, Endosafe, UV spectroscopy, and HPLC.
- Experience operating tangential flow filtration systems; single-pass TFF is a plus.
- Experience with Benchling ELN is a plus.
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.
$101,000 - $109,000
R&D Partners is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
R&D Partners is an equal opportunity employer.