Associate Scientist I
San Mateo Metro Area, CA US
A fast-growing biotech company is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join our Analytical Development team. Primary responsibility for the incumbent will be to support the developmental activities currently on going in the laboratory as assigned.
- Assist in the design and interpretation of experiments to analyze drug substances and intermediates such as proteins and carbohydrates including:
- o Microplate assays
- o HPLC/LC-MS
- o GC-MS
- o IC
- o SEC-MALS
- o CE-SDS
- o SDS-PAGE
- Assist in analytical method development of new assays
- Knowledge of capillary electrophoresis and/or experience in use of such would be a plus
- Keep accurate and detailed records of experiments in laboratory notebooks
- Summarize data and communicate to analytical team
- Work within a team environment and provide support to further team objectives
- B.S. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry preferred, Organic / Biochemistry considered
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience;
- Ideal candidate will have a background in analytical chemistry principles and hands-on experience with modern analytical instrumentations commonly used in the analysis and characterization of drug candidates. Candidates with other scientific disciplines may be considered based on relevant experience.
- Experience in chemical/biological/immunological assays such as HPLC/UV and other spectrometric methodology, ELISA, Western blots, CE-SDS, and SDS-PAGE
- Experience in protein and carbohydrate analysis desired, for example in HPAEC-PAD, colorimetric methods, HPLC, SEC, and LC-MS.
- Understanding of basic principles of Analytical method development/ validation/ qualification concepts.
- Attention to detail and excellent skills in record keeping / documentation. Critical thinking and ability to analyze data
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.
$35 - $40/hr
R&D Partners is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
R&D Partners is an equal opportunity employer.