Associate Scientist I
San Francisco Metro Area, CA US
R&D Partners is seeking to hire a Scientist in San Carlos, CA.
A fast-growing vaccine company is looking to a hire an Associate Scientist. You will participate in cross-functional teams to perform multiple projects. Responsibilities extend from gene design through protein expression, purification, and characterization. The successful candidate will be focused on the development and execution of cell-based and antibody-based immunological methods appropriate to the scale, number-of-samples, and required purity level for the given project, and will implement appropriate assays to characterize the product and to better understand the technology and process. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to interface with external collaborators, set up and run team meetings, make presentations to outside collaborators and senior management, and author internal and external publications.
- Expression, purification, and characterization of potential vaccine antigens using our cell-free protein synthesis system and AKTA FPLC chromatography methods.
- Upstream and downstream protein process development.
- Contribute to protein characterization, process validation, and ELISA assays.
- Create presentations to share during internal company and external collaborator meetings.
- Preparation of solutions and media as necessary.
- Support team in routine laboratory activities and instrument maintenance.
- B.S. with 1-3 years of industry experience or M.S. with 1+ years of industry experience with a strong experience and understanding of biochemistry including protein synthesis.
- Hands-on experience in protein expression, purification, and AKTA FPLC chromatography experience is required.
- Proficiency with common protein analytical techniques including SDS-PAGE and Western blotting is required.
- Experience using a DasBox bioreactor, protein process development is preferred.
- Experience with cell-based and antibody-based immunology assay development is a plus
- Ability to contribute to the overall lab management, including organization of vendors, service contracts, and equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated success working in a cross-functional team environment; ability to work effectively as a member of a team to deliver impactful results.
$35 - $45/hr(Dependent on Experience)
R&D Partners is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
R&D Partners is an equal opportunity employer.