Associate Scientist I, Formulations
San Francisco Metro Area, CA US
R&D Partners is seeking to hire an Associate Scientist, Formulations in San Carlos, CA.
The primary responsibilities for the incumbent will be lab management including, but not limited to, shipping and receiving, inventory management, sample management, support EH&S inspections, lab space cleanliness and organization. Additionally, the Associate Scientist will support the manufacture of drug products to support analytical and process development groups within the Drug Product Development Team. The incumbent would also support scientists in the execution of large and complex experimentation as well as routine studies and testing.
Your main responsibilities as an Associate Scientist, Formulations:
- Keeping track of incoming and outgoing shipments to various external partners. This includes shipment preparation, coordination with the shipping teams and carriers and maintaining detailed logs of material received and shipped to ensure traceability.
- Being responsible for manufacture of complex drug product formulations and reference standards for use in analytical and process development, validation of assays etc.
- Organizing formulation development lab benches and storage space, setting up weekly cleanup schedules with the team, fridge space management and maintaining the lab to meet safety standards.
- Supporting senior scientists in execution of experiments, testing samples and interpreting data as needed.
- Preparing buffers and lab reagents for use in manufacturing and testing activities.
- Ordering lab supplies, new vendor setup and inventory management of consumables and stability samples.
- Ordering and installing lab instrumentation and perform routine calibration and maintenance.
What we are looking for in an Associate Scientist I, Formulations:
- This role will require the incumbent to stand and sit at a desk for long hours, lift heavy boxes and move heavy objects.
- BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or a related discipline with 0-2 years of experience in academic or industrial laboratories. Industry experience would be preferable.
- Experience in the manufacture of buffers and lab reagents is required.
- Highly efficient and structured work practices, including practical laboratory work, notebook upkeep, and general record-keeping. Previous experience with the ELN system is preferred.
- Previous experience working with external vendors will be an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Attention to detail and excellent skills in pipetting and sample preparation.
$75,000 - $83,000 annually
R&D Partners is a global functional service provider and strategic staffing resource specializing in scientific, clinical research & engineering. We provide job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
R&D Partners is an equal-opportunity employer.