Associate Scientist, Upstream
San Francisco Metro Area, CA US
R&D Partners is seeking to hire an Associate Scientist in San Carlos, CA.
Benefits of this role:
Benefits + 401k
A fast-growing biotech company is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join our Polysaccharide Upstream team.
- Assist in executing experiments to develop the upstream processes including working with BSL2 micro-organisms.
- Perform microbiology related work including plating, colony selection, Gram staining and cell enumeration on microscope.
- Assist in flask and bioreactor fermentation experiment execution.
- Perform fermentation vessel assembly.
- Assist in media and buffer preparation and assist in centrifugation and filtration experimental execution.
- Operate and maintain instrumentation for bacterial fermentation (BSL2) and primary recovery (filtration, etc.) of bacterial polysaccharides utilizing aseptic technique.
- Perform analysis including optical density, residual metabolites and polysaccharide concentration.
- Bachelor s degree in Biology/Microbiology or a related discipline, with 0+ years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience in handling micro-organisms with proper sterile technique.
- Confidence working in biosafety cabinets while performing cell plating and inoculation of flasks/bioreactors.
- General understanding of engineering principles involved in scaling processes from development to pilot scale either gained in industry or through university coursework.
- Prior experience in growing microbes is a plus.
$34.00 - $45.00 (Dependent on Experience)
R&D Partners is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
R&D Partners is an equal opportunity employer.