iOS Application Developer
San Jose Metro Area, CA
Role description and responsibilities:
Looking for a strong Mobile Application Development Engineer to develop iOS applications, SDK components, and platform tools using Swift & Objective-C. You will take ownership of mobile applications that interact with firmware running on devices, as well as web services running in the Cloud, to deliver an integrated experience for our customers. The job requires strong fundamentals and experience developing on the iOS ecosystem with apps released in the App store. Pushing the boundaries of current mobile platforms, you will perform technological feats under constrained environments and will be presented with exciting challenges in native mobile application development. You will develop applications using iOS APIs and Frameworks. You will work with various teams to ensure that the mobile apps conforms with, and leverages, other products. You will build a SDK and platform for third party application developers. Good general programming skills as well as excellent aptitude/reasoning is essential. Prior experience developing and maintaining iOS applications is highly desired. Prior experience with using and/or building web services is desired. Experience with communication over Bluetooth Smart / BLE is a definite advantage.
- Design and implement new user-facing features - develop, test and maintain iOS apps.
- Collaborate with designers to create innovative user experiences.
- Develop prototypes quickly to validate interactions and prove product designs (and, take that code to hardened, production ready standards).
- Optimize applications to maximize speed and scale, factoring in mobile network latency and limitations of interacting with embedded devices.
- Write client-side code to create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Work with external vendors to evaluate and integrate prototypes; coordinate with product team to make recommendations and deliver high quality product
- Work in an Agile environment to quickly iterate over the design-build-test-measure cycles
- Develop processes and maintain infrastructure to continuously validate the robustness and responsiveness of the applications.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, EE or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in mobile application development with experience in delivering apps for consumer products
- Strong software development skills: proficient in Swift and Objective-C
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with using and/or building web services
- Experience with using BLE / Bluetooth
- Experience building Android apps (or, a cross platform framework such as Xamarin)
- Experience or familiarity with Android application development