San Jose Metro Area, CA
As a Model Shop Workflow Manager, you will work closely with our Model Shop, Design teams and suppliers to ensure models and prototypes meet their design requirements. You will manage and track prototype insource/outsource schedules and costs from end-to-end.
- Gather CMF documents, CAD files and understanding critical areas of evaluation, scheduling, resource allocation (internal & external), coordination of suppliers and approval processes.
- Work directly with internal work partners to set/manage priorities and expectations, workflow and navigate through issues and roadblocks. Multitask, manage fabrication requests and route to suppliers as needed.
- Track actions, spend and deliverables for reporting purposes. Act as supplier liaison for administration duties such as budget/PO management and supplier enrollment.
- Use Computer Aided Design software (CAD) to view and export 3D models.
- Engage with the Model Shop team to resolve complex design challenges and improve model shop workflow.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-2 years experience in a prototype lab environment and an understanding of the prototype workflow within a consumer product development team.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams including Industrial Design, User Experience, Engineering, Product Design, Finance, and Procurement.
- Experience working with multiple disciplines such as Industrial Design, Color, Materials & Finish (CMF), Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain, and Operations.
- Working knowledge of CAD software like Solidworks.
- Experience in the iterative development processes.
- Strong familiarity prototyping methods at varied fidelity.
- Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, proactively solve problems and accomplish challenging objectives with a minimum of direction.