- Develops, validates and maintains global SAS macros that increase the efficiency of the statistical programming function.
- Functions as the primary point of contact for the SAS macro library.
- Under minimum supervision, gather requirements, develop and maintain SAS macros to support the analysis of clinical data.
- Maintain technical documents such as user requirements, macro user manual and macro testing and validation documentation.
- Actively contributes to departmental process improvement efforts.
- Ability to independently organize, adapt and adjust to changing priorities.
- Participate in the development and/or maintenance of departmental procedures and standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC as it applies to SAS macro development.
- Knowledge of change management and version control for standard macro libraries.
- Strong knowledge of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS Macros, and SAS/GRAPH.
- Familiarity with VBScript.
- Familiarity with statistical software, statistical analyses and databases.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work and lead in a cross-functional team setting.
Minimum: 7 years experience as a statistical programmer using SAS in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics or medical device environment. 3 years experience as a SAS macro development programmer.
Preferred: 9 or more years experience as a statistical programmer using SAS in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics or medical device environment. 5 years experience as a SAS macro development programmer.