San Jose Metro Area, CA
Please provide writing samples in submittal
UX content strategists are the voice of the company. They craft the delightfully helpful text seen and heard in products across the web, on mobile, in homes and in cars. We are looking for a UX Writer, where you ll collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, and others to imagine, design, test, and deliver our suite of hardware products and features.
Top 3 daily Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to understand and define product requirements.
2. Write and manage clear, concise product copy across a variety of surfaces.
3. Act as a subject matter expert and point of contact for UX writing, including testing and localization.
Additional responsibilities include ensuring execution drives cohesive product narratives across all touch points, helping to develop and promote writing guidelines and standards, and generally lending a hand as needed.
- Degree in Communications, HCI, English, Journalism, or other relevant program/experience.
- 3-5 years of product UX writing experience.
- Portfolio of demonstrated UX writing and content strategy projects.
- Experience working closely with research, engineering, and product management teams.
- Ability to make content decisions based on established voice and tone tenets.
- Understanding of, and passion for, interaction design principles.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Engaging presentation and storytelling skills, using both language and imagery.
- Experience with consumer hardware products and/or services.