UX Research Associate
San Jose Metro Area, CA
- Conduct research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, surveys, benchmark studies, etc.;
- Conduct desk research including, literature reviews, competitive reviews, and some general market research.
- M.A./M.S./PhD. (completed or in progress) in Human Factors, Technical Communication, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior.
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and adapt to changing schedules and priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic data tools (spss, excel, etc.)
- Can analyze and interpret qualitative and basic quantitative data.
- Create findings and recommendation reports from research for stakeholders.
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other UX researchers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.