UX Research Assistant
San Jose Metro Area, CA
- Support ongoing UX research work by moderating qualitative design evaluation studies, analyzing data, organizing research session logistics, writing detailed reports.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through benchmark studies, lab studies, interviews, home visits and/or surveys.
- Work with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Working with other researchers to create study plans, organize study materials, define participant / respondent criteria, and arrange research sessions.
- Collect and organize materials needed for research activities; gather data for these activities (e.g. taking session notes, fielding surveys).
- Analyze and report on data from research activities.
- Masters degree in Background in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interactions, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, or a related field, or Bachelors Degree with 1+ years of experience
- Must have experience working on PC or console video game experiences, or a strong intrinsic interest in video games. (Very Important)
- At least one year experience conducting qualitative research, design evaluations, and/or usability studies, and/or designing and analyzing behavioral and attitudinal surveys in an industry or academic environment. (Very Important)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills. - Experience working with other researchers on qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Desired- At least one year experience conducting research on consumer-facing experiences.
- Experience mixing qualitative and quantitative methods, data, and analyses to provide a thorough understanding of user behaviors and preferences.
- Working knowledge of both descriptive and inferential statistics, as well as the principles of experiment design.
- Strong survey design and analysis skills (both quantitative and qualitative survey approaches).