San Jose Metro Area, CA
The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical.
In an Interaction Designer role, you'll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for a range of enterprise user types. Achieving this goal requires that you collaborate closely with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process from defining critical user journeys and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Collaboration with Product and Design on primary user journeys
2. Interaction design, visual design, and accessibility design based on product requirements
3. Stakeholder presentations
- Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing G Suite enterprise products and features.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or 5 years equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years Experience in a Interaction Designer role
Nice to have Qualifications:
- MA/MS degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces.
- Experience with Enterprise Software and usability Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience designing enterprise security software.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Experience designing ticketing systems or notification systems.