UI Designer IV
San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
The Golden Age of Television in happening now with more content, viewers, and opportunities to innovate than ever before. The Android TV UX team s vision is to reimagine Google s unique television offering and collaborate with our partners to bring revolutionary TV experiences to market.
Android TV is an entertainment service that spans television, streaming set-top boxes, and game consoles. We re designing an experience that helps users discover and enjoy content like TV shows, movies, and live events while addressing the dynamic nature of households, families, and opportunities in the living room.
As a member of the UX team, you will envision the future of television at this company via design, iteration and invention. You will be the owner core TV operating system features and will be accountable for their design and implementation. Solid collaboration skills and a background in delivering high-fidelity, immersive experiences are a must. You will work directly with other designers, user research, product managers, and engineers to deliver new TV experiences for this company.
You may be the person if:
- You are passionate about TV
- You are inquisitive and interested in designing new media experiences
- You are a strong collaborator and can comfortably work with product management and engineering to get things done
- You are an abstract thinker who can solve large-scale and design-system problems
- You are able to conceive solutions that fall outside web and mobile interaction paradigms
- You are serious about confidentiality - our launches impact not just our company but our partners and their business too
- Design: Create designs that align product features with user motivations. Candidate must have a solid academic background (or significant industry experience) in interaction design, product design, or a related field.
- Communication: Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively. Candidate must have clear and effective communication and presentation abilities
- Collaboration: Collaborate with designers and the product team to deliver effective user interfaces for television. Candidate must be a good collaborator with cross functional teams.
- Design experience for television or media consumption on mobile or web
- Experience/understanding of design for constrained hardware e.g, low computational power and/or constrained surfaces such as wearables
- Knowledge of the full product design stack e.g., can take a design from wireframe to interactive code
- Strong visual design sense that compliments the ability to think about large scale design systems.
- Candidate has demonstrable experience contributing to the overall product vision and strategy and shows how they push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching design