UI Designer III
San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
About the role
Our product consists of two main UX work streams. Building a driving optimized version of Android (AOSP), and building and supporting our Automotive Services.
As an interaction designer, you'll work closely with UX counterparts, cross functional feature teams, and OEM partners. Thinking deeply from a system perspective, you'll help define the user experience for Android Automotive. Challenging established thinking you'll deliver beautifully crafted user focused solutions for a variety of platform features.
Android Automotive is a new product in an unfamiliar space. You must be comfortable handling ambiguity and possess the relevant experience to work independently and forge a path forward.
- Establish strong collaborative work flow with cross functional team
- Deliver impactful product features that elevate the user experience
- Work closely with the UX team to build and evolve Android Automotive s user interface
- Work closely with OEM partners to understand their needs and drive
- Build engaging presentations and clearly outline the problem and communicate the design solutions
- Operate comfortably within an ambiguous space and forge a path forward
- BA/BS in Design (eg interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc.), HCI, CS, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience designing outstanding software-based products or apps
- Fluency with interaction and visual design tools, such as Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Experience in interfacing and collaborating with software engineers/developers
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Experience designing an operating system
- Fluency with prototyping tools, such as Flinto, Principle, and Invision
- Strong leadership when collaborating with design, engineering, and product teams