Technical writer Calibration and Maintenance
Newark Metro Area, NJ
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
1) Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents.
2) Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums.
3) Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
4) Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to develop procedures and operational manuals.
5) Follow internal guidelines for document preparation, format and approval.
6) Facilitate document review meetings and discussions.
7) Review work of other writers (in-house or contract) for accuracy, quality, focus and adherence to format and stylistic requirements.
8) Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
1) Experience in a maintenance environment
2) Experience in a regulated industry preferably FDA
3) Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word and Excel authoring, reviewing, and approval process
General Minimal Working Conditions
Physical /Mental Demands:
1) Work required in and around laboratory and regulated environments.
2) Working in and around chemicals and potent compounds.
3) Working in and around confined spaces. Certifications required
4) Ability to lift greater than 50 lbs.
5) Ability to perform on elevated work platforms.
6) This position requires regular medical surveillance and will require incumbent to wear a respirator or gown.
7) Ability to work a minimum of a 40 hours work week.
8) Ability to work Rotating Shift as needed as well as Emergency, Overtime, and weekend shifts.
9) Ability to work safely in an environment with hazardous, radioactive, and infectious materials and waste.
10) Ability to work safely in an environment with exposure to high temperatures / pressure steam, compressed gasses, various noise levels, and high voltage energy supplies.
11) Ability to sit, stand and move within workspace for extended periods.
12) Occasional stooping, bending, stretching and lifting greater than 50lbs may be required.
13) Ability to perform repetitive tasks including frequent hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing and pulling.
1) Ability to work safely in an environment with hazardous, radioactive, and infectious materials and waste.
2) Ability to work safely in an environment with exposure to high temperature / pressure steam, and other fluids, compressed gasses, odors, various noise levels, moving parts, vibration, wet/slippery areas and high voltage energy supplies
3) Environment may include working at heights, in cold temperatures, and/or constricted spaces
4) Ability to work safely when working alone or working with others.
5) Ability to work within a GMP environment and properly gown according to room classifications and procedures