San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
Writing samples required
As a technical writer on the team, you will teach internal developers how to build experiences for the next wave of computing (AI & Machine Intelligence) on to various products. This will include writing overview, conceptual and integration guides. You will work with other tech writers, engineers and product managers to determine which features need documentation.
You will then work independently to investigate code, tools and APIs, create document plans, write developer guides and maintain engineering and partner documentation.
One thing is for sure: you love to investigate new technology and make complex things easy to understand.
1. Write technical documentation, such as integration guides, API reference docs, developer guides, overview docs, architecture diagram, codelabs and tutorials for internal teams to help them integrate with the platform
2. Identify documentation gaps
3. Work with engineers and cross-functional teams to fill those gaps through documentation
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for a developer audience
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown, and Google Docs
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Piper/Perforce or Git
- Comfortable working with prototype hardware in test environments and using that experience to create developer guides
- Proficiency with Markdown and CSS; proficiency in a Unix environment
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies)
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment