San Jose Metro Area, CA
Please provide relevant Writing Samples along with Resume. (Link or Attachment).
As a writer on our team, you'll be a key contributor to customers' success and user experience with G Suite product lines. We create the documentation that supports G Suite's wide range of customers, from small businesses setting up Gmail to large enterprises managing their fleet of mobile devices. You'll research and write engaging help, procedures, and guides for administrators and business users. You'll be responsible for creating enterprise/product documentation that is easy to use and focused on the customer. You'll work both independently and as part of development and writing teams, interacting with Engineering, User Experience, Product Management, Support and other stakeholders. We look for talented writers who take initiative, embrace technology, and are excited to contribute to user success with G Suite.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Write, publish and maintain high-quality documentation and online content for a variety of audiences, including end users, administrators, and developers.
- Research user journeys, use cases, and metrics to focus priorities and develop solutions and ensure excellent documentation quality.
- Manage complex documentation projects, including production, publishing, and localization hand-off of your work. Additional
- Build strong rapport with subject matter experts and participate in all aspects of documentation development, from product planning through product release and support.
- Strong communication skills with excellent team collaboration skills.
BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, 5 years of relevant work experience.
5+ years of experience writing technical documentation in a production environment.
Must have Writing Samples
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Experience in online publishing, or technical blogging.
- Adaptability to the company's style. Proven communications and teamwork skills and strong initiative.
- Ability to write in a range of styles and tones, from highly technical to informal prose.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, support multiple projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Experience writing about enterprise applications for system administrators and IT professionals.
- Proficiency with HTML and managing files in a CMS.
- Proficiency in a Linux environment.
BA degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, a related field or equivalent practical experience. 5 years of experience writing software documentation in a web production environment. Writing and editing experience. Must be able to provide writing samples.
- Experience working closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the product development process.
- Experience in project and process management of a documentation set. Proven communications and teamwork skills and strong initiative.
- Experience with online help tools and proficiency with HTML.
- Track record of problem solving and innovation.