San Francisco Metro Area, CA
You work with people in a variety of roles including UX designers and researchers, behavioral scientists, product managers, engineers, marketing, user success, clinical, and regulatory. You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices, and you become an expert in your product area. You provide content recommendations that include the right words and you work with designers to complement the content with data and images.
- Partner with the product team (including PMs, behavioral scientists, UX designers and researchers, medical experts) to assess the content needs for product and feature launches
- Turn complex and potentially intimidating information into educational content that patients/users are excited to engage with and act upon.
- Collaborate with user research to understand how the content is received by users.
- Build and manage vision for product voice and tone across a product. Document your strategies with guidelines, and establish best practices and strategy principles.
- Create overall narrative arcs across products to ensure clarity, cohesion and user engagement. Implement these narrative arcs through user interface copy, as well as long and short form articles, as needed.
- Create a system for managing content and partner with the clinical, UX, and regulatory teams to implement a content review strategy.
- BA/BS degree in English, communications, marketing, or a related field - or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in an editorial, copy writing, content strategy, online content production, or marketing communications.
- A portfolio of writing samples that demonstrate different types of content (e.g., long form, UI text).
- A relevant graduate degree (e.g., PhD in humanities, behavioral science, or related field) - or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working as a member of a multi-disciplinary product development team.
- Understanding of behavioral science principles and the role content has in facilitating behavior change.
- Experience writing content in a healthcare or educational setting.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative working approach.
- Experience with content management systems (CMS).