Technical Writer III
San Jose Metro Area, CA
Mountain View, CA
This company's engineering education team is looking for a Technical Educator to create leadership development education.
As a Technical Educator, you will design, develop, launch, and help maintain our leadership development curriculum for our global technical audience. You are expected to quickly establish and maintain relationships/credibility with partners, identify needs/requirements, and manage multiple and potentially inconsistent sources of content.
To be successful in this dynamic environment, you must possess strong communication skills, great teamwork ability, strong attention to detail, and overall good business judgement.
- BA/BS in Education or related (e.g., teaching credential)
- 5 years experience designing, developing, and delivering leadership development content Hands-on experience with technical topics or environments (e.g., programming, networking, front-end development, etc.)
- Action-oriented understanding of instructional design methodologies, tools and techniques Experience designing, developing, delivering learning in all mediums: live/facilitated, web-based, VC-based, standalone, etc...
- Experience designing and developing wide range of learning assets: learning designs, job aids, facilitator guides, visuals, documentation, etc...
- Experience with learning communities, communities of practice, and other knowledge/information transfer models
- Proven interdepartmental and teamwork skills
- Project/program management skills
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills
- Master s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or related discipline
- Tolerance and enthusiasm for ambiguity and change