Technical Writer II
San Jose Metro Area, CA
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
- Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs and developer products.
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS; proficiency in a UNIX environment.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.