Technical Program Manager
San Jose Metro Area, CA
- Gather CMF documents, CAD files and understanding critical areas of evaluation, scheduling, resource allocation (internal & external), coordination of suppliers and approval processes.
- Work directly with internal work partners to set/manage priorities and expectations, workflow and navigate through issues and roadblocks. Multitask, manage fabrication requests and route to suppliers as needed.
- Track actions, spend and deliverables for reporting purposes. Act as supplier liaison for administration duties such as budget/PO management and supplier enrollment.
- Use Computer Aided Design software (CAD) to view and export 3D models.
- Engage with the Model Shop team to resolve complex design challenges and improve model shop workflow.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-2 years experience in a prototype lab environment and an understanding of the prototype workflow within a consumer product development team.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams including Industrial Design, User Experience, Engineering, Product Design, Finance, and Procurement.
- Experience working with multiple disciplines such as Industrial Design, Color, Materials & Finish (CMF), Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain, and Operations.
- Working knowledge of CAD software like Solidworks.
- Experience in the iterative development processes
- Strong familiarity prototyping methods at varied fidelity.
- Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, proactively solve problems and accomplish challenging objectives with a minimum of direction.