Tech Support Specialist - LC-MS
Cambridge Metro Area, MA
- BS in scientific discipline with 2-5 years experience in an industry setting as a Lab Technician, Research Associate or related scientific discipline such as chemistry, or engineering experience.
- Technically skilled candidate to maintain our fleet of open access LC-UV-MS and SFC-MS purification instruments.
- Supporting synthetic Chemists with their sample purification needs
- Ability to quickly diagnose and remedy advanced hardware and software problems. Good personal and communication skills and maintain a professional customer focus within the workplace. Individual must be self-motivated, well-organized, reliable, and able to prioritize workload.
- Conduct activities in compliance with safety, waste disposal and other regulatory guidelines.
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident. Requires abasic understanding of purification HPLC/SFC and MS techniques, instrumentation and underlying principles is required and experience desired Basic laboratory skills including preparing solvents, standards, and solutions preps Strong PC skills Working knowledge of MS Office Key Words: Analytical and prep HPLC, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, UV, ELS/ELSD, MS, Mass Spectroscopy, MassLynx, Gilson, Agilent, Waters