Marin Metro Area, CA
- Nucleic acid based diagnostics technology background and next-generation sequencing
- experience are highly desirable. Other system development experience in complex clinical
- diagnostic development environments is a plus.
- Significant experience with all phases of technology development is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of all phases of NGS workflows and data analysis is desirable. Experience with
- NGS systems development is a plus.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics and data analysis, basic experiences with Linux platform.
The individual responsibilities are:
- Works under general supervision, to conduct and monitor experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding.
- Makes recommendations to resolve problems encountered during experimental procedures
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results
- Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader
- Communicates decisions in the form of reports and presentations Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas. Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA)
- Oversees these aspects of project work to ensure completion within the expected parameters and time frame
- Work is typically complex and of considerable scope and therefore requires application of technical principles, tools and knowledge gained from previous work experience
- Assesses results for applicability, validity, and conformance to Product Requirements
- Ability to perform instrument/software/system feasibility and verification/validation testing according to instructions from RSS technical staff.
- Laboratory work experience in the medical device industry or in a laboratory using robotic instruments.
- Experience with testing instrument software and hardware.
- Familiarity with running clinical diagnostic instruments.
- Experience with sequencing sample preparation and sequencing is a plus.
- Assists in system troubleshooting issues, and follow-up, as required.
- Performs ad-hoc testing on software releases during product development.
- Drafts and manages test case procedures. Also assists in the review of test case procedures.
- Executes test cases, records test results, and compiles associated documentation. Presents findings at group meetings, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science or related field with 1-3 years related experiecne or MS degree with 0+ year of experience. Experience in medical device product development is preferred.