Sr. Research Associate, Cell Based Assays
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
The Senior Research Associate contributes to the development and implementation of novel cell-based assays and performs hands-on experiments that support the Biology lab s aims in translational science, clinical trial support, and pre-clinical drug development. This position may also involve training personnel, supervising interns, and assisting with routine laboratory maintenance.
- Working knowledge of immunology, cell biology, signal transduction, apoptotic pathways, and small molecule drug development.
- Proficiency with cell culture techniques, cell-based assays, molecular biology techniques, and flow cytometry (multi-color).
- Proven ability and knowledge necessary to conduct independent research and data analysis.
- Ability to perform laboratory mathematical calculations, including basic statistics.
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines, advance multiple projects, and achieve goals in a dynamic environment.
- Master s degree in immunology, molecular biology or related discipline + 2 years of relevant laboratory experience OR
- Bachelor s degree + 4 years of relevant laboratory experience.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works independently, with limited guidance from direct manager, to prioritize goals, design experiments, develop novel assays, and accomplish the aims of the laboratory.
- Performs bench level laboratory work, including both routine and novel assays, prepares reagents, operates analytical instruments, and maintains accurate records of data in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations.
- Analyzes experimental data, organizes results, verifies data integrity, performs statistical analysis, and visualizes data using appropriate software.
- Effectively communicates results across research sites, including preparation of graphs, charts, figures, reports, or presentations.
- Utilizes literature reviews, protocols, networking and prior laboratory experience to assist with experimental design, assay development, and workflow optimization.
- Writes research papers, abstracts, technical reports, and SOPs.
- Participates in integrated translational science and drug discovery research by engaging with internal and external experts in different disciplines.
- Trains work-study students, graduate students, contractors or other laboratory personnel; may supervise interns or junior personnel.