Sr. Contract Coordinator, Contracts, Legal
Newark Metro Area, NJ
The Contract Coordinator will provide a diverse range of legal contract review, negotiation and management support within the corporate Legal Contracts Department, with limited supervision.
The Contract Coordinator will be responsible for preparing, examining, analyzing, negotiating, and revising a high volume of Confidentiality, Consulting and Hotel Agreements from approved templates and/or coordinating third party provided agreements for attorney review, as needed.
The Contract Coordinator will support requests for contracts from drafting through execution, track progress to completion and receipt of executed agreements, with varying levels of day-to-day supervision by Associate Director and/or attorneys.
The Contract Coordinator will interact with various business partners, including management, throughout the Company, both in the U.S. and in Canada, necessitating tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgment. This position requires flexibility to meet changing business objectives; and the ability to set priorities.
The Contract Coordinator will partner with internal business clients as well as interact with external third parties to negotiate contract provisions.
The Contract Coordinator must be able to meet deadlines, have strong interpersonal skills, be a team player and willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
1. Generation of Confidentiality Agreements and Consulting Agreements at the request from business partners from approved templates including, incorporation of relevant business terms, fees, etc.
2. Maintenance of contracts and related information in the contract management database.
3. Determine appropriate contract form to be used relevant to engagement of third party.
4. Review third party changes to contracts, revise pursuant to approved company standards and identify risks and/or issues for escalation.
5. Escalate issues for attorney review as required.
6. Assist in various other matters as relevant to contract coordination, generation and filing.
7. Provide direction and guidance to Associate, Contract Administration, as needed.
8. Assist in tracking, Legal approval, retrieval and distribution of final contracts
o Basic legal terminology, contract processes and provisions (preferably, within a pharmaceutical company);
o Records and file organization and use;
o Basic concepts, procedures, and formats required in contracting;
o Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
o Excellent organization and time management skills;
o Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
o Ability to prioritize and
o Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet;
o Complete understanding of legal processes and procedures;
o Strong attention to detail;
o Excellent written and verbal skills.
Demonstrated Ability to:
o Maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethics;
o Work independently;
o Understand the legal processes and procedures associated with contracting legal needs;
o Exercise initiative and sound judgment;
o Meet aggressive deadlines and complete multiple assignments in a timely and professional manner.
o Use legal terminology, prepare legal documents, and follow instructions;
o Able to manage varying and high workload and sets priorities accordingly;
o Identify opportunities for improvement and development.