Sr. Associate Scientist
San Diego Metro Area, CA
- Senior Associate Scientist with experience in cancer cell biology to participate in drug discovery research with a particular focus on protein homeostasis as it applies to oncology and immuno-oncology. The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to design and execute in vitro studies focused on target validation, as well as assist with our understanding of the cytotoxic effects of our novel compounds. Responsibilities include the development of molecular and genetic tools and cellular assays to support target validation, mechanism of action, and biomarker selection.
- Conduct routine molecular and cellular experiments including cloning, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, RT-PCT, Westerns (including Protein Simple), target knockdowns (via siRNA, CRiSPR, etc..)
- Conduct various routine cell based assays to characterize drug compounds, including dose-response studies
- Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 8 years industry experience or Master s degree with at least 5 year industry experience.
- Practical experience in, and a solid understanding of basic cancer cell biology, immunology, and assay development.
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and cell lines) and experience with 3D patient-derived tumor lines/3D culture techniques a plus
- Experience working with small molecules compound.
- Expertise with a variety of cell-based assay technologies including cell phenotyping technologies (e.g., flow cytometry, imaging) and functional assays such as cell cycle and apoptosis, antibody-based detection methods (e.g. Western blotting, Protein Simple, ELISA) required.
- Strong background in molecular biology techniques (Molecular Cloning, qRT-PCR, transfections, DNA/RNA extractions, CRiSPR, etc),
- Experience with the use of HTP/HCS and automation instruments, is a plus.