San Jose Metro Area, CA
As Python 2.7 is reaching end of life, many parts of our systems require update from Python 2.7 to Python 3, or be re-written in Java. The system consists of both back-end pipeline and web apps that are written in Python 2.7.
The project is to migrate critical internal systems to Python 3 or Java by the end of 2019, such that there is no service interruption to the pipeline and systems on 01/01/2020. The work is expected to continue into 2020, and it should also complete the migration of non-critical systems written in Python 2.7 to Python 3 or Java by end of Q2 2020.
- * Refactor existing Python 2.7 code to continue to function into 2020 and beyond by upgrading to Python 3, or re-write in Java.
- * Investigate the code and identify Python 2.7 libraries, and update the code to use Google approved Python 3 libraries.
- * Re-implement parts of the systems in Java to be better integrated with internal systems.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- * Review existing code, refactor, and test the code to ensure that it continues to function well.
- * Investigate and resolve bugs and issues that occurs in the systems updated.
- * Provide consistent updates on the progress via email and/or documents.
- Computer Science or a related field
- 2 - 3; years of software development experience
3~4; years of Python development, and 1-2; years of Java development, 1-3 years of Linux.