San Jose Metro Area, CA
Setup a project metrics data collection and visualization system. This is for projects across the Software and BioInformatics team (SBI) which does Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS). Work with product development teams to identify metrics and tools that provide data about the project activities. Also work with other teams that may have similar needs and solutions. Setup the data repository, data collection scripts, and data visualization dashboards.
- Metrics include story burn-up, requirements tracing, test coverage, test pass/fail rates, vulnerabilities, defects, etc.
- Work with Project Managers, Software Project Leads, and Developers to automatically pull data from various tools such as Jira, HP-ALM, Codebeamer, SonarQube, etc.
- Work with teams to set up dashboards and help teams be self-sufficient creating their own dashboards based on project needs.
- Work with the SBI Leadership team to ensure top-level metrics are consistent across projects.
- Future options: Add production operations and cloud cost metrics.
- Ability to write scripts/tools in Python, Ruby, or Perl languages with query APIs that provide CSV, XML or JSON outputs.
- Knowledge of tools and SaaS services such as Jira, Jenkins, Cucumber, HP-ALM, Codebeamer, Rally, SonarQube, Dome9, WhiteSource.
- Ability to set up, query, and maintain relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, and time series databases such as OpenTSDB or InfluxDB.
- A strong understanding of ETL pipelines and a keen aptitude towards automation of such pipelines.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) and visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Pentaho, Google Data Studio.
- Ability to independently capture requirements for the metrics project, communicate plans, set expectations, communicate status. Do this up, down, and across the organization.