Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, CA
- Designs, plans and executes assigned research and/or development-related experiments/projects utilizing established and innovative procedures, and applying scientific knowledge and accumulated experience to complete projects. Contributes to the definition and timely achievement of overall project goals. Makes recommendations, and when appropriate, acts independently to resolve scientific problems encountered during experimental procedures to improve productivity of results. Ensures activities are consistent with project critical path, and responds appropriately to changing priorities.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks. Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and implements/documents process improvements.
- Integrates previous and current results to determine next experimental steps and the impact of long-range project goals.
- Presents findings at group or departmental meetings. Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. May assist in preparing summaries, memos, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
- Serves as a resource to other departments (e.g., Manufacturing/Operations, Quality, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Studies, and International Technical Services), provides timely response and follow-ups. Participates in the expeditious transfer of products and technologies by providing scientific knowledge and assistance.
- May or may not have supervisory responsibility; provides guidance to new team members and leads internal/external teams and builds professional relationships.
- Work involves troubleshooting and resolving difficult problems in creative ways. Takes a new perspective on existing solutions, exploring and implementing new concepts and methodologies.
- Decisions impact project team(s) and/or broader organization. In appropriate decisions may have an impact, causing a delay in operations, a financial expense, or customer or user dissatisfactions.
Required: Bachelor s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent; combination of education and work experience.
Preferred: Master's degree with 2+ years of experience.