Snr EHS Specialist
Newark Metro Area, NJ
- Snr. EH&S Specialist
Bachelor s degree with major course work in environmental health and safety, occupational health or industrial hygiene OR degree in other related fields that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours of study from among the following disciplines: safety, occupational health, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, accident investigation, toxicology, public health, chemistry, biological sciences, or engineering.
Experience in Clean Room setting desirable
- OSHA Training desireable
1. Assist in the development and implementation of occupational health and safety programs across sites.
2. Perform EHS inspections and follow up in areas of laboratory safety, construction, and life safety codes.
3. Identify hazards and initiate necessary corrective actions with those responsible to comply with applicable codes, laws, regulations, and standards, and explain these measures to others.
4. Act as a resource within the department in all matters related to Environmental, Health & Safety.
5. Aid in managing incident reporting system.
6. Perform industrial hygiene monitoring and interpret results.
7. Inspect, calibrate and maintain equipment used for quantitative hazard evaluation.
8. Prepare reports including observations and monitoring results.
9. Perform EHS related data entry
10. Maintain EHS related files and documents.
11. Assist in the development and delivery of EHS related training.