Snr Associate Scientist - Cell Culture and Protein Expression
San Diego Metro Area, CA
- BS/MS Cellular / Molecular Biology or related, must have experience with CHO and HEK293 cell
- Experience with BOTH transient and stable protein expression are preferred.
- 2- 5 years of laboratory experience (industry preferred).
- Excellent aseptic technique and extensive cell culture experience (CHO/HEK293).
- Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Conduct mammalian cell protein expression and molecular biology experiments for biotherapeutics development. Develop and optimize protein expression platforms.
2. Develop and assess conventional & custom expression vectors.
3. Optimize and conduct functional assays including ELISA and flow cytometry.
4. Documentation and record keeping.
5. Presentation of results at project and departmental meetings.
6. General lab duties such as organizing, stocking, preparing, and maintaining lab and reagents as required.