Senior Research Associate
San Diego Metro Area, CA
The Protein Homeostasis Thematic Center of Excellence (PH TCOE) is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate with experience in cancer cell biology to participate in drug discovery research with a particular focus on protein homeostasis as it applies to the Oncology field. The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to design and execute in vitro studies to further our understanding of the immunomodulatory effects of our novel compounds. Responsibilities include the development of cellular assays to support target validation, mechanism of action, and biomarker selection. Additionally, the candidate will also be involved in the profiling of novel compounds in cell-based assays to drive chemical SAR for several research programs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with discovery project teams and scientists across the PH TCOE functional areas and to present his or her work at project team meetings and to the senior research leadership.
Responsibilities (will include, but are not limited to):
- Plan and execute scientific experiments
- Analyze and interpret scientific data
- Maintain primary and cancer cell lines and conduct routine cell culture tasks
- Conduct various routine cell based assays to characterize drug compounds
- Accurately maintain written reports and organize data
- Present data in team meetings
- Review current literature pertaining to relevant projects
1. Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 4 years industry experience or Master s degree with at least 2 year industry experience.
2. Practical experience in, and a solid understanding of basic cell biology, immunology, and assay development.
3. Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and cell lines) working with small molecules compound.
4. Expertise with a variety of cell-based assay technologies including cell phenotyping technologies (e.g., flow cytometry) and functional assays such as cell cycle and apoptosis, antibody-based detection methods (e.g. Western blotting, ELISA) required.
5. Experience with molecular biology techniques such as CRISPR and RT-PCR, is a plus.
6. Experience with the use of HTP/HCS and automation instruments, is a plus.
7. Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and organizational skills are required as well as the ability to independently design, execute, and trouble-shoot experiments through completion.
8. Data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications are required.
9. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, be motivated to apply his/her skills to meet diverse project needs, and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment.