Senior Research Associate, Immuno-Oncology Discovery
San Mateo Metro Area, CA
We are seeking an experienced Senior Research Associate with a strong background in cancer immunology to focus on the discovery and characterization of novel cancer immunotherapy drug targets. These responsibilities may include running in vitro adaptive and innate immune system assays, mouse in vivo mechanistic studies and tumor models to identify and prioritize new cancer immunotherapeutic targets.
- Develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo assays to assess mechanism of action of novel cancer immunotherapy agents
- Work to identify and validate novel IO targets to advance the research pipeline
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. or M.S. degree with a minimum of 2-3 years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience in cancer immunotherapy discovery and development.
- Experience with one or more of the following is strongly preferred:
- In vitro functional assays using primary human immune cells (e.g. MLR, T-cell proliferation, monocyte differentiation, etc.); experience with myeloid cell-based assays a plus
- Experience with primary immune cell isolation and characterization by multi-parameter flow cytometry
- Experience with in vivo cancer models (dosing, tumor measurements, necropsy) a plus
- Highly motivated, independent, and creative individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective at working in a highly collaborative environment