Senior Manager, R&D Procurement
New Jersey All, NJ
The Senior Manager/Procurement Lead, R&D Procurement - HCP & KOL Services will manage the negotiation and contracting of services with Healthcare Professionals and Key Opinion Leaders providing short-term, off-site services to organizations. The incumbent works closely with leaders across the Legal, Global (including Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Safety, and Health Economics Outcomes Research), Finance, and Global Procurement teams to ensure KOL and HCP agreements are managed proactively and within regulatory, compliance, and financial obligations. In collaboration with these teams this role is responsible for:
(1) performed by an investigator (principal or sub) on a study sponsored or supported by.
(2) individuals performing at least 160 hours of service in one year (thereby requiring CIA training),
(3) individuals regularly working within a site,
(4) individuals requiring access to proprietary systems, issued a computer, and/or given access badges to facilities,
(5) individuals listed in the Employee directory and/or having a systems/SAP profile,
(6) individuals acting in a capacity normally associated with an employee (e.g. Project manager, Study Physician, etc.),
(7) individuals acting in a capacity to represent externally,
(8) individuals providing managerial, prioritization, or performance-related direction/oversight to employees or other consultants, and/or
(9) any individual performing consulting, contingent labor, or other workforce modification activities on behalf.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) understand business requirements, and clearly include these within HCP and KOL contracts
(2) demonstrate and apply functional knowledge, experiences, and management skills to promote team performance and continual improvement across the organization s work with R&D Procurement HCPs and KOLs
(3) handle issue resolution for relevant agreements.
(4) foster clear, consistent, and open collaboration across the extended teams and HCPs/KOLs
(5) identify and pursue new ideas and constructive change to support improved execution from both and HCPs/KOLs
(6) support the issue escalation process at the operational level and ensure timely escalation to senior leadership, as required.
(7) act with integrity, initiative, and sound judgment to reinforce trust, professionalism, and commitments
(8) communicate regularly, openly, and effectively within and to HCPs and KOLs, as appropriate
(9) inspire and empower peers, team to achieve and exceed objectives.
(10) attract, assemble, and retain a high-caliber, multidisciplinary team to support contracting activities, performance, relationships, and assessments
(11) continuously develop self and others through both formal and informal training, skill development, communication, performance management and growth opportunities.
- Support multiple R&D Procurement categories and projects, as assigned.
- Effectively project manages all initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the contract management processes.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders and managers, both internally and externally.
- Excellent business/financial acumen, proficient in leading and managing cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead, motivate, influence and drive change at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand the factors affecting the finances and/or operations of suppliers.
- Excellent global supplier management skills with ability foster and leverage professional relationships.
- Ability to identify and solve complex contractual, process, operational business challenges, and know when to seek assistance.
- Clear understanding of HCP and KOL obligations, fair market values, and relevant topics.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally 10-20% of the time.
- Required: Bachelor s degree in business or relevant technical discipline.
A Plus: Advanced Degree/Certificate in relevant field
- This is a first-level manager position; 5 years in biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry, experience in a clinical outsourcing/contracts function. Ideally, with direct HCP and KOL engagement.