Senior CAD Technologist, R&D
Orange County Metro Area, CA
- Support a range of engineering activities for new product development (NPD) and legacy product modification.
- Design, develop, and test simple to moderate complexity assembly and test fixtures in support of newly-created products.
- Assist R&D Engineers with product development by rapidly prototyping designs, evaluating design performance, troubleshooting and understanding failure modes, proposing design improvements.
- Update CAD drawings per Engineering Change Requests (ECR) through the PDM (Product Data Management) system. Teamcenter and/or Windchill PDM knowledge is highly desirable.
- Modify and perform mechanical drawings updates for initial release in collaboration with the R&D Engineering team.
- Manage, review, and update CAD files.
- Build prototypes for physician demonstration.
- Operate lab equipment including set-up, clean-up, break-down, and re-assembly.
- Strong ability in the use of SolidWorks Computer Aided Design (CAD) software. Additional ability with Creo Computer Aided Design (CAD) software is desired.
- Substantial understanding of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
- Strong understanding of the ASME Y14.5M-2009 drawing standards.
- Solid understanding of general manufacturing processes including machining and injection molding.
- Experience designing, building, and preparing prototypes, sub-assemblies, feasibility test units, and samples.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member with minimal direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with the team is essential.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage time effectively.
- Proficiency in general Microsoft applications including MS Word and Excel.
- Medical device industry experience is preferred.
- Associate s Degree (or equivalent) and at least 6 years of related experience, or a minimum of 8 years of related experience.