Senior Associate Scientist
San Diego Metro Area, CA
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Work independently to design, execute, analyze, interpret and troubleshoot scientific experiments in molecular and cell biology, cellular biochemistry and assay development
2. Accurately maintain written reports and present results in an organized and timely manner to supervisor and colleagues
3. Communicate with peers and supervisors, foster teamwork and contribute to collaborative efforts
4. Strong commitment to quality and demonstrate adaptability
1. Bachelor s degree in molecular biology, cell biology, or related scientific discipline with at least 8 years industry experience or Master s degree with at least 5 years industry experience.
2. Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques including but not limited to, quantitative PCR, ATAC-seq and ChIP-seq and manipulation/editing of gene/message/protein via RNAi and/or CRISPR methods
3. Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays to analyze compound effects (Western blot, ELISA, immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence and functional assays such as cell cycle and apoptosis)
4. Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills are required as well as the ability to independently design, execute, and troubleshoot experiments through completion
5. Data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications are required
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment; flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude.