Scientist for Pharmaceutical Sciences
San Diego Metro Area, CA
DEPARTMENT: Drug Product Development Scientist
PREREQUISITES: BS + 5 years, MS + 2 years, or PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, analytical chemistry, chemistry, or related scientific discipline. Experiences in the pharmaceutical industry in discovery support, and early formulation development is a plus.
1. Small molecule preformulation development and solid state characterization
2. Formulation development for poorly soluble compounds for in vivo studies
3. Solid-state characterization of NCEs using TGA, DSC, powder X-ray diffraction, Raman, FTIR, NMR, DVS, and particle sizer.
4. Analytical HPLC methods development to characterize formulation and API, including stability, drug content, related impurities, degradation products. Experience with Waters UPLC/MS and Empower software is a plus.
5. Polymorph/salt form screening and characterization
6. Design, testing, and characterization of enabled formulations such as amorphous solid dispersion and nano-suspension.
Role: The successful candidate will provide discovery support in the Pharmaceutical Science group in San Diego to advance novel chemical entities from Discovery to Early Clinical Development. The work mainly focuses on the characterization of the physicochemical properties of the NCEs and preclinical formulation development to support drug discovery of small molecules.