San Jose Metro Area, CA
The candidate will work as part of a small production team as well as collaborate cross-functional teams. This individual will report to the template production manager and work very closely with other junior level scientists by providing technical oversight and mentoring. Individual will participate in project planning and prepare and deliver presentations internally of project data. Will work both closely with manager, as well as independently, to design experiments and make suggestions to improve work processes. Utilizes DOE where appropriate and is familiar with basic data analysis techniques. Familiar with JMP software a plus.
- DNA extraction and purification
- Characterizing DNA using UV/VIS spectroscopy, fluorescent based assays, and gel electrophoresis.
- SPRI -Magnetic bead-based DNA purification
- Preparation of genomic DNA libraries as well as novel, synthetically constructed DNA templates.
- QC testing and preparation of batch records
- Nanopore platform sequencing and data analysis
- Reagent production, characterization and tracking QC results
- Documenting and writing up production protocols and batch records
- Demonstrates sound scientific methods, collaboration with others and independent thought. Shares expertise with other team members. Strong understanding of scientific principles and concepts. Strong knowledge of NGS sample preparation methods.
- Demonstrated experience with DNA purification and analytical methods
- PCR Amplification methods, ddPCR knowledge a plus.
- Experience with enzymatic reactions and process development
- Familiarity with analytical instrumentation to characterize DNA: Nanodrop, Qubit, Agilent Bioanalyzer and/or Tapestation
- Demonstrated meticulous documentation capabilities
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with methodical approaches to trouble-shooting
- Experience in writing and following Work Instructions, Batch Records and Standard Operating Procedures is a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills is a must
- Agile/flexible with fast-paced work environment; ability to work both efficiently and independently.
- Experience with programming language such as Python or C# a plus.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Formal Training/Education and Experience: Ph.D. degree in Science, entry level, or Master's degree with 3+ years, or Bachelors with 8 years relevant experience. If degree is in a non-scientific field Executive Committee approval is required. Exceptions for internal high potential and high performing employees not meeting minimum qualifications will be taken into consideration and must be approved through Human Resources.