San Jose Metro Area, CA
- BS or MS in Biological Sciences (e.g. microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biology, etc.).
- Minimum of 1-3 years (MS) or 3-5 years (BS) industry experience in a hands-on experience with laboratory bench work (In-Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) development experience preferred).
- Good understanding of microbiology, molecular biology cloning techniques, high-through put (HTP) based workflows, and data analysis methodology (JMP). Experience in assisting design of experiments, implementation of experimental procedures, interpretation of data and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience in a wide range of basic molecular biology procedures, including nucleic acid extraction, PCR, qPCR, and gel electrophoresis. Work aseptically to culture aerobic microbes. Experience with bacteria culture in a BSL2 environment preferred. Assist with development and testing of microbial based assays
- Must have proficient written and verbal communication skills with a strong level of computer literacy. Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word programs.
- After training and introduction to work processes, begins to organize, conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding. Able to demonstrate an understanding and application of microbiology and/or molecular biology techniques while developing a product.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results. Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader. Communicates results of experiments.
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas. Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA). Analyzes and interprets experimental data using various data analysis software (e.g., JMP) and/or applying quantitative methods.
- Uses technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. May present findings at internal meetings. Assumes accountability for electronic lab notebook documentation, ensuring experimental methods and results are recorded timely, accurately and consistently, and according to established formats.
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation. May troubleshoot issues related to instrumentation.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and manages own work flow to accomplish assigned objectives. Uses discretion and independent judgment to recommend solutions to basic problems to team.
- Establishes as appropriate internal and cross-functional relationships. With guidance, analyzes and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve problems and finds solutions.
- Maintains familiarity with current technology related information and/or literature and conducts project related information searches and may be involved in extensive literature searches.
- May be required to work occasional non-standard hours; e.g., second shift, or a few hours of weekend work. May be required to travel to and work in Pleasanton, CA. All changes to work hours or site will be planned, discussed and approved prior to scheduling.