Oakland-Fremont-Pleasanton Metro Area, CA
The PCR IVD Research and Early Development team (PCR IVD RED) in Pleasanton, CA at company s Diagnostics is seeking a talented and motivated Scientist to support the development of assays and reagents for digital PCR. The qualified candidate will join a cross functional team of scientists developing a new digital PCR system.
Essential Job Functions:
Works under general supervision to conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding. Makes recommendations to resolve problems encountered during experimental procedures. Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results. Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader. Communicates results of experiments in the form of reports and presentations. Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas. Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA). Analyzes experimental data using various data analysis software and/or applying quantitative methods. Forms conclusions, and provides/documents process improvements. Uses technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. May present findings at internal meeting. Assumes accountability for own electronic notebook documentation, ensuring experimental methods and results are recorded timely, accurately and consistently, and according to established formats. Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation. May troubleshoot issues related to instrumentation. Keeps informed of trends and developments in area of scientific responsibility. Knows and effectivley uses the broad concepts of a particular field or specialization to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity.
- Typically 2 to 6 years of relevant industry experience.
- Ability to design and execute relevant laboratory experimentation and determine next steps within the context of overall project goals and direction. Basic laboratory skills (aseptic technique, good pipetting skills) required.
- Experience with PCR techniques required, digital PCR experience preferred
- Experience with DNA sample preparation highly desirable.
- Experience with lab automation.
- Strong data analysis skills in Excel required, JMP preferred.
- Bachelor s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master's degree preferred.