Cambridge Metro Area, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Scientist I to join our Molecular Oncology team based in Cambridge.
A successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing molecular and cellular assays and methodologies to support target validation projects as well as drug discovery programs.
The candidate will be responsible for developing, optimizing and implementing functional genomic assays and potentially screen assays for novel target discovery.
MS degree in biological science with 5 years of experience in the area of molecular and cellular biology
- Cell culture of adhesion and suspension cells( including primary cell culture).
- Cell based assays (proliferation, apoptosis, cytotoxicity; luciferase reporter assays, Elisa western blot assay).
- DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, RT-PCR and qPCR.
- Molecular cloning (recombinant DNA cloning, PCR, plasmid preparation, DNA sequencing analysis, site directed mutagenesis).
- Genome editing, Using CRISPR/Cas9 system to KO or KI gene in mammalian cells.
- Design and perform siRNA transfection; inducible shRNA lentivirus infection and rescue with shRNA resistant cDNA.
- Generation Lentivirus vector, packaging virus, virus titer, transduction mammalian cells and establish stable transgenic line.
- Experience in cell imaging
Candidate must be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, and troubleshoot.
BS or MS degree in biological science