Cambridge Metro Area, MA
This position is for an enthusiastic scientist who will be involved in the discovery of novel cancer treatments. Primary responsibilities include:
- development and implementation of protein biomarker immunoassays for understanding the effects of novel therapeutics and their mechanism of action;
- keeping careful records of the experiments.
- strong experience in design, validation and implementation of protein immunoassays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex, Simoa, etc.) for analysis of biological specimens;
- knowledge of protein characterization methods (gel electrophoresis, Simple Western);
- experience in handling biological samples (tumors, blood);
- good knowledge of scientific data analysis, graphing and curve fitting software (Excel, GraphPad Prism);
- experience in protein biomarker research;
- experience in oncology research is a plus. General skills:
- strong organizational and analytical skills;
- attention to details;
- ability to write technical reports describing the experiments and their outcome;
- strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- ability to work in a team environment.
Master's degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular biology, or related disciplines with 3-5 years of experience or Bachelor's degree with 5-10 years of experience.